If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!
We have just released the Access 2013 – Level 1 course to the PCM Courseware library and it is now available for download. You can check out the course at our Web site at: http://pcmcourseware.com/access.html
PowerPoint 2013 Level 1 is forthcoming.
Scenarios allow you to create and save several versions of your worksheet and enable you to see how changing one or more of your worksheet’s values affects the other values in your worksheet. Using an example of purchasing a home, we could create several different scenarios to see how changing the interest rate and downpayment would affect the value of our monthly payment.
Once you have chosen the cells whose data you want to change and saved your scenario for later review, you can easily display and/or print the scenario when needed. You also have the option of printing a Summary Report to view your current values and your scenarios side-by-side.
To Use Scenarios
- Click the Data tab on the Ribbon.
- Click the What-if Analysis button and click Scenario Manager from the menu.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter a name for your scenario in the Scenario Name box.
- Click in the Changing Cells box.
- Hold down the Ctrl key and select the cells in your worksheet that you wish to change.
- In the Scenario Values dialog box, enter in the new values.
- Click OK.
- To Apply a Scenario to your worksheet, select the desired Scenario and then click Show.
- Click Close.