An exciting visual effect that you can add to your slides is Animation, which allows you to control how your information appears on the slide during a slide show. For instance, you can have your words fly onto the screen one at a time or slowly fade in. With animation, you can control how and when you want an item to appear on your screen. Using animation in your presentation can help you focus on important points and manage the flow of information – as well as add exciting effects to your slide show.
PowerPoint contains several preset visual effects that will help you get started with animation. You can apply an animation scheme to a single object or to a group of selected objects.
To Apply an Animation Scheme
1. Select the object or text placeholder to which you want to apply animation.
2. Click the Animations tab on the Ribbon.
3. Click the Animate drop-down list arrow.
4. Point to an Animation Scheme to display a live preview.
5. Click the Animation Scheme you want to apply.