Hot Corners in Leopard allows you to launch your screen saver when you move your mouse pointer to a corner of your screen. This comes in especially handy if you will be away from your desk and wish to activate your password-protected screen saver immediately, rather than waiting for the specified time period to elapse before your screen saver kicks in. You can also set your Hot Corners to display the Desktop, Dashboard, Application Windows or All Windows.
To set Hot Corners:
- Click the Apple Menu icon and click System Preferences.
- Click Desktop & Screen Saver under the Personal area.
- Click the Screen Saver tab.
- Click the Hot Corners button on the lower left of the dialog box.
- Click the drop-down list for the corner you wish to set as a Hot Corner.
- Select Start Screen Saver and then click OK.
The screen saver will now activate whenever you move your mouse pointer to the corner of the window that you designated as a Hot Corner.