Microsoft Office provides the ability to insert diagram objects into your worksheets. One of these diagram objects that is often used is the Organization Chart which allows you to illustrate hierarchical relationships such as the structure of a business (i.e. names, titles and departments of managers).
The organization chart is the 1st object located in the Hierarchy category of the SmartArt gallery.
To Insert an Organization Chart:
- Select the worksheet into which you wish to insert an Organizational Chart.
- Click the Insert tab on the Ribbon.
- Click the SmartArt button on the Illustrations group.
- In the left pane, click Hierarchy.
- In the middle pane, click the type of Organization chart you wish to insert.
- Click OK.
- Click inside the text box shape to add text to a shape or type your text in the Text Pane (click the Text Pane button on the Create Graphic group to display the Text Pane).
- Click outside of the Organization Chart shape when finished.