The new Name Manager provides an easy way to manage all the range names and table names in your workbook from one location. From the Name Manager, you can delete named ranges that you no longer need, edit the name or cell reference of existing names, add new names as well as sort filter your ranges.
The Name Manager command button is found on the Defined Names group of the Formulas Ribbon.
To Manage Named Ranges
- Click the Formulas tab on the Ribbon.
- Click the Name Manager button on the Defined Names group.
- To delete a name, select the name you wish to remove and click the Delete button.
- To modify a name, select the name you wish to modify and make your changes. Click OK when finished.
- To create a new name, click the New button, type in the name for your range, and enter the cell reference (or use the collapse dialog box to manually select the range)
- To sort your name list, click the column header to sort the names in ascending or descending order.
- To filter names, click the Filter button and select the filter option you want.
- Click OK when finished.