Things happen. Computers have been known to crash. Address book or calendar data become corrupt. For this reason, it is a good idea to backup your Outlook data. I don’t know about you, but I certainly could not recreate my contacts list from memory.
To backup your Outlook data:
- Select File > Import and Export from the menu to display the Import Wizard dialog box.
- Click “Export to a file” in the Action to Perform window.
- Click next
- Click “Personal Folder File (.pst)” in the Create a file of type window.
- Click Next
- Click the plus (+) symbol next to Personal Folders and choose “Contacts” (You can also export your Calendar using this method). If the folder you are exporting contains subfolders, click the “Include subfolders” checkbox on the bottom of the window.
- Click Next.
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the folder where you want to save your file.
- Type a name for your file in the File Name box.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish.
- In the name box, type something meaningful like “My Contacts Backup”.
- If you wish to password protect your file, enter in your password information.
- Click OK