You can quickly total data in a table using the new Total Row feature on the Table Styles Options group of the contextual Design Ribbon. Clicking the Total Row check box will add a new row at the end of the table, with the word Total in the leftmost cell. Clicking in any of the cells in a total row will display a drop-down list from where you can choose an aggregate function to apply to the data in the row, such as sum or average.
Typing a formula directly in the row beneath a table will automatically create a total row for you.
To Total Data in a Table
- Activate any cell within your table.
- Click the contextual Design tab under Table Tools on the Ribbon.
- Click the Total Row check box in the Table Style Options group on the Ribbon. The total row will appear below the table and display the word Total in the leftmost cell.
- Click in the cell in the total row for the column that you want to calculate.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the cell and select the aggregate function that you want to use.