Have you ever tried selecting large amounts of text with your mouse when all of the sudden the screen shots by, way past the text that you wanted to select? Very frustrating! There is an easier way to select a huge block of text.
Click at the beginning of the block where you want to begin selecting. Hold down the shift key and then click again at the end of the block. All of the text between the beginning insertion point and the ending point will be selected. No more flying screen!
This tip often works in other text editing applications besides Word.
Applies to: Word 2010, 2007 & 2003
- Delete an Entire Word using the Keyboard
- Creating & Using Quick Parts in Word 2007
- Move Text using Drag and Drop in Word 2007
- Quickly Clear Formatting in Word 2007 from the Ribbon
- Grouping Objects in PowerPoint 2007
- Mail Merge in Word 2007 Part 3: Writing Your Letter
- How to Trim Videos in PowerPoint 2010