Word provides shortcut keys to many helpful commands. But did you know that you can create shortcut keys for symbols? That is to say, you can quickly insert a symbol into your document by using a keystroke combination.
To Create A Shortcut to Insert a Symbol
- Click File on the Ribbon to display backstage view.
- Click Options.
- Click Customize Ribbon in the left pane.
- Next to Keyboard Shortcuts on the bottom of your screen, click the Customize button.
- In the Categories window, select Common Symbols
- In the Commands Window, scroll down until you see the symbol for which you wish to create a shortcut. Note that many of the symbols will already contain a shortcut key.
- Type the desired keystroke combination in the “Press new shortcut key”
- Click close when finished.
- Click OK to close the Options dialog box.