Did you know that you can move and copy items without using the Clipboard? This is to say, you can move and copy data without removing the existing clipboard item. I personally use this trick quite often and you might find it handy as well, depending on your workflow.
To Move an Item
- Select the item you wish to move.
- Press F2.
- Set the insertion point where you wish to place the item.
- Press the Enter key.
If you wish to copy the item rather than move it, use the Shift + F2 keystroke combination.
Note that this only works in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Using the Office Clipboard in Excel 2007
- Quickly Rearrange rows in a Word Table
- Take Screen Shots using a Keyboard Shortcut
- How to View Your Google Calendar in Outlook 2010
- Creating an Index in Word 2007
- Using Bookmarks in Word 2007 to Navigate Longer Documents
- Inserting and Removing Page Breaks in Word 2007