If you have a document that is being worked on by many people and want to be able to review the changes made to it, use the Track Changes feature. The Track Changes feature highlights any changes made to the document by others and displays the changes either inline or in a colored balloon in the right margin. You then have the option later on of accepting or rejecting the changes.
To turn on the Track Changes feature, click the Track Changes button arrow on the click the Track Changes button. You can also display all of your changes in the Reviewing Pane – click the Reviewing Pane button on the Tracking group to display it.
Tip: To modify the color and formatting of tracked changes, click the Track Changes arrow, choose Change Tracking Options and set your desired change colors and formatting.
To Track Changes in a Document
- Open the document for which you wish to track changes.
- Click the Review tab on the Ribbon.
- Click the arrow on the Track Changes button and click Track Changes.
- To turn on Balloons, click the Show Markup button, point to Balloons and click Show Revisions in Balloons.
- To turn off change tracking, click the Track Changes button.
Share this post