Last week, a collegue sent me a list of data that was in all uppercase. He asked me if I knew of any way to convert it into proper case, in which the first letter of each word capitalized. The answer: Use the “Proper” Function.
Here’s how to convert uppercase (or lowercase) list to sentence case.
- Let’s say that the list that we want to convert was in A3:A130. In cell B1 type: =Proper(A3)
- Drag-copy the formula down to B130.
- With the Range B3:B130 still selected, press the Ctrl-C keystroke combination to copy the data to the clipboard.
- Press Ctl-Alt-C to display the Paste Special dialog box.
- Click the Values radio button in the Paste Special dialog box. You can now delete column A.
Share this post