A nifty feature in Word is the ability to take a screenshot directly from within a Word document. The Screenshot tool is located on the Illustrations group of the Insert Ribbon. When you click the Screenshot button, several screenshot samples from your open documents will display.
You can either choose from the available sample screenshots or take your own screenshot by clicking the Screen Clipping option. If you select Screen Clipping, the active Word document will be minimized and a resizable window will appear over next open window (whether this be another open document or your Desktop).
Note that the Screenshot feature is not available in documents saved in Word 2003 format or earlier.
To Take a Screenshot
- Open the Word document into which you wish to insert the Screenshot.
- Click the Insert tab on the Ribbon.
- Click the Screenshot button on the Illustrations group on the Ribbon.
- To insert one of the available screenshots from open windows, click the thumbnail for the screenshot you wish to use under the Available Windows area.
- To take your own screenshot, click Screen Clipping on the Screenshot menu and then trace around the area you wish to capture.