Microsoft Office provides the ability to insert diagram objects into your presentations. One of these diagram objects is the Organization Chart which allows you to illustrate hierarchical relationships such as the structure of a business (i.e. names, titles and departments of managers).
The organization chart objects are located in the Hierarchy category of the SmartArt gallery.
To Insert an Organization Chart:
1. Select the slide into which you wish to insert an Organizational Chart.
2. Click the Insert tab on the Ribbon.
3. Click the SmartArt button on the Illustrations group.
4. In the left pane, click Hierarchy.
5. In the middle pane, click the type of Organization chart you wish to insert.
6. Click OK.
7. Click inside the text box shape to add text to a shape.
Type your text in the Text Pane (click the Text Pane button on the Create Graphic group to display the Text Pane).
8. Click outside of the Organization Chart shape when finished.
Tip: You can also use this same method for creating Org Charts in Word and Excel.
Share this post