Microsoft Office allows you to change the look and feel of your Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and OneNote) by switching up the Office theme. By default, the theme is set to Colorful; however, there are several themes to choose from:
- Colorful (the default theme in Office 2016) -The Ribbon is the color of the primary application (green for Excel, Blue for Word, etc.)
- Dark Gray - A light gray & dark gray lower contrast theme
- Black - A high-contrast black theme with white text
- White (classic Microsoft Office theme) - Features white Ribbon and background
To Change Your Microsoft Office Theme
- Click the File tab on the Ribbon.
- Click Options in the left pane.
- Click General in the left pane.
- Click the Office Theme drop-down list.
- Select the theme you want to use.
Note: - the Black theme was released only recently to Office 365 subscribers. If you don’t see it listed yet, keep an eye out for it in a forthcoming update.