Awhile back I was teaching an Excel class when a student asked me if it was possible to create a bulleted list in Excel, like you can in Word, OneNote and PowerPoint. I knew there was a way to do it, but couldn’t remember off-hand. So I dug through my archives and alas, I found it.
To Create a Bulleted List in Excel
- Select the cells into which you want to add bullets.
- Press Ctrl + 1 to display the Format Cells dialog box.
- Click the Number tab and then click Custom in the left pane.
- Select any data in the Type box and press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Hold down the Alt key and type: 0149 using your keyboard numeric keypad. Release the Alt key.
- With your cursor still in the Type field, press the spacebar once.
- With your cursor still in the Type field, type: @
- Click OK. Now you can use the custom format whenever you want to precede the contents of a cell with a bullet.