If you need to showcase a presentation consisting of a series of images, you might want to give the Photo Album feature a try. What this does, is creates a new presentation consisting of images that you have specified.
By default, each of the images is in its own slide and is fitted to each slide. This way, we don’t have to worry about images of varying sizes. You can however change the layout of the images as well as the number of pictures displayed on each slide from the Photo Album dialog box. For instance, you can choose to display 1 image per slide, 2 images per slide, 4 image per slide and if you so choose, display a title on each slide. Additionally, you can include a text box on each slide, which you can modifiy later on to provide information about or a description of your images.
The Photo Album dialog box also contains a series of Corrections icons that you can use to adjust the settings for individual images. These are from left to right: Rotate Left 90 , Rotate Right 90 , Increase Contrast, Decrease Contrast, Increase Brightness, and Decrease Brightness.
You also have the option of applying a theme to your photo album. Click the Browse button next to the Themes box. By default, the Microsoft Office Themes folder is displayed. Unfortunately, there’s no way to preview a theme before applying it. However, you can apply themes to your album from the Design tab of the Ribbon, which include the same themes from the Office Themes folder. Simply click a theme to switch to a different one.
To Create a Photo Album
- Click the Insert tab on the Ribbon.
- Click the Photo Album icon and select New Photo Album.
- Click the File/Disk button and navigate to the folder that contains the images you want to add.
- Select the images you want to add (hold down the Ctrl key as you click to add more than one image or press Ctrl + A to select all of the images in a folder). Click Insert.
- To change the order of an image in the album, click the checkbox next to the image and click the Move Up button (the upwards pointing arrow) or the Move Down button (the downwards pointing arrow).
- To delete an image from the album, click the checkbox next to the image and click the Remove button.
- To apply a theme to the presentation, click the Browse button next to the Themes box and choose the theme you want to use.
Or Click the Design tab on the Ribbon, right-click any of the themes in the Themes gallery and choose Apply to All Slides.
- When finished, click Create.
Share this post