Paragraph indentation refers to the amount of extra white space from the left and/or right margins which you can add to a paragraph in order to set it apart from the other paragraphs in your document. Very often, you will see long quotations indented to set them apart from other text.
Paragraph indentation options are located under the Indents and Spacing tab of the Paragraph dialog box.
- Click anywhere in the paragraph to which you wish to add indentation.
- Click the Paragraph Dialog Launcher on the Home Ribbon to display the Paragraph dialog box.
- Click the Indents and Spacing tab.
- Type the indentation amount (in inches) from the left margin in the Left box.
- Type the indentation amount (in inches) from the right margin in the Right box.
- Click OK.
Tip: You can also modify paragraph indentation from the Page Layout tab. Enter the Left and Right values under the Indent area of the Paragraph command set.
Share this post