Microsoft offers an add-in browser bookmarklet called the OneNote Clipper which allows you to quickly capture content from any webpage to OneNote. You can save recipes, articles, images or entire webpages with a couple of clicks or taps. The OneNote Clipper does not automatically come with OneNote. It is an add-on that you will need to download and install, which you can do from OneNote’s website: www.onenote.com/clipper. You also need a Microsoft Account in order to use the OneNote Clipper tool.
When you activate the Clipper, a small pop-up dialog displays. From here, you can choose the type of content you want clip: the entire page, a region of the page or just the article or recipe.
Full page will capture the entire web page. The Region option allows you to select the area of the page you want to capture, much like we did in the previous Screen Clipping lesson.
Note that the Full Page and Region options capture the content as an image, thus the content isn’t editable. The last option however, Article (or Recipe), detects the content and clips only that content, removing any extraneous clutter – all in editable format.
Once you’ve chosen how to capture your content, use the Location Picker to choose the OneNote notebook and section where you want to store your content.
- Launch your Web browser and navigate to: www.onenote.com/clipper
- Follow the instructions to install OneNote Clipper.
- Launch your Web browser and display the page you want to capture.
- Click the OneNote Clipper icon on the Favorites area of your browser (if the Favorites area is hidden, press Ctrl + Shift + B to unhide it).
- If prompted, enter your Microsoft account credentials. The clipper pop-up will display.
- To capture the entire Web page, click the Full Page icon.
- To capture only a portion of the page, click the Region icon and then drag over the area you want to clip.
- To clip just the article or recipe, click the Article or Recipe icon.
- Click the Location Picker and choose the Notebook and Section where you want to store your content.
- Click the Clip button.
- To see the clipping in OneNote, click View in OneNote.