When saving new documents in Microsoft Word, the application defaults to the Documents folder under your User Name. If you tend to save your documents elsewhere however, such as in another folder, to an external drive or to a network drive, you may soon find it tiresome to navigate to your preferred folder every time you save a new Word document.
Luckily, you can change the default save location for new Word documents from the Word options window.
- Click the File tab on the Ribbon.
- Click Options in the left pane to display the Word Options window.
- Click the Save category in the left pane.
- Under the Save documents area, click the Browse button next to Default local file location.
- Navigate to the folder you want to set as default.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again to close the Word Options window.
Share this post