Section breaks allow you employ different page formatting in the same document. For example, you can print out one page in portrait orientation and another in landscape. Or you can have unique headers and footers on different pages.
There are four types of sections breaks that you can insert into your document:
- Next Page – forces the text following the break onto the next page.
- Continuous – does not change the location of the text following the break.
- Even Page – forces the text following the break onto the next even page.
- Odd Page – forces the text following the break onto the next odd page.
You can display Section Breaks on your screen by clicking the Show/Hide icon on the Paragraph area of the Home Ribbon to reveal Microsoft Word document codes.
To Insert a Section Break:
- Set the insertion point where you wish to add a section break.
- Click the Layout tab on the Ribbon.
- Click the Breaks button.
- Select the desired section break type.
- Click OK.
Share this post