Outook now includes the option of automatically adding travel information such as car rental reservations and airline tickets, as well as package delivery information automatically to your calendar.
Outlook will retrieve travel and package information from your email and will pop the information into your calendar for you. The first time Outlook creates such an event for you, you'll receive the following message, along with information about the event being added:
The thing with this feature, is that it is turned on automatically. If this is not what you want, you can turn it off or change its settings from Outlook on the Web (Outlook.com).
Quick Guide: Modify Events from Email Settings
- Log on to Outlook.com
- Click the Settings icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Options.
- Click Calendar in the left pane.
- Under the Automatic Processing area, click Events from Email.
- To choose which events are added to your calendar, check or uncheck the boxes for Flights, Hotel reservations, Car rentals, or Package delivery.
- To turn off Events from email, click the Don't add events to my calendar from email radio button.
Looking for more Outlook tips? Our Outlook 2016: Up To Speed guide is now available as an ebook from Amazon and Kobo. The Up To Speed series is designed to help you get productive quickly with your software. Check back as new titles will be added regularly.
Share this post