There may be times when you want to apply a theme from an old presentation to a new presentation, but don't remember the name of the theme or are unable to find it in the themes gallery. While you certainly could spend your time sifting through the themes gallery or searching for the theme on Microsoft's site, there's a much easier way: simply copy the theme from the old presentation to the new one using the Format Painter tool on the Home Ribbon.
Quick Guide: To Copy the Design of One Presentation to Another
- Open the presentation that contains the theme you want to use and the presentation to which you want to copy the theme.
- Click the View tab on the Ribbon and then click the Arrange All icon on the Windows group of the Ribbon to display the presentations side-by-side.
- Click any slide thumbnail in the presentation whose theme you want to copy (either in Normal or Slide Sorter view).
- Double-click the Format Painter icon on the Clipboard group of the Home Ribbon.
- In the new presentation, click the thumbnail for each slide to which you want to copy the theme.