In a previous post, we looked at how to how to create a table in a PowerPoint slide. Once you’ve inserted it and entered in your data, you will most likely want to format it so it’s visually appealing and easy to read.
PowerPoint includes a nice gallery of table styles that you can add to your tables. These table formats include preset colors and border styles that you can instantly apply to an existing table. Under the contextual Design tab under the Tables Tools tab, you will see several preset Table Style thumbnails displayed on the Ribbon. Move your mouse pointer over any of these styles to see a preview of the selected style. Click the Scroll Up or Scroll Down arrow to scroll through the style list. To view the entire Table Styles gallery, click the More Styles icon.
- Click anywhere in your table to select the table.
- Click the contextual Design tab under Table Tools on the Ribbon.
- Move your mouse pointer over any of the Table Styles thumbnails in the Table Styles group.
- Click the Scroll Up or Scroll Down arrows to display additional table styles.
- Click the More Styles arrow to display the entire Table Styles gallery (move your mouse pointer over any of the style thumbnails - the More button will appear in a moment).
- Click the Table Style thumbnail to apply that style to your table.
Share this post